- Cultural Heritage: is an expression of the ways of living developed by a community and passed on from generation to generation, the Mediterranean basin is surely an invaluable and unique reservoir, bringing together in an incomparable diversity, an essential part of the cultural heritage of humanity. This trace of the past is of interest to Mediterranean people as well as people from all over the world and attracts hundreds of millions of visitors each year from all over the world.
- Valorization of the cultural heritage of the whole nation, introduce young students to their cultural heritage, creation of new job opportunities for young graduates iInformation and communication technologies, tourism...), implementation of cultural tourism in the nation.
Knowledge and Craftsmanship
Specific Project Objectives
- To realize in Tunisia a complete and "open" system for the management of the cultural heritage of the Nation from: Data already acquired in the past, to feed an "open" database patented IT products for cataloging cultural heritage Tools for managing geo-referenced data
- Cataloging standards now recognized for most nations, such as the cultural property cataloging rules developed by ICCD (Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo e la documentazione) in Italy
- Adapt the product realized, as a pilot system for managing the cultural heritage of the other Mediterranean countries
- Feeding a multi-language portal (Arabic, English, Spanish, French, Greek, Italian, Turkish, ...) containing all the data available in all the countries of the Basin
Impacts On The Nation
Valorization of the cultural heritage of the whole Nation
Availability of a tool easily available in schools to introduce young students to their cultural heritage
Creation of new job opportunities for young graduates (IT, tourism, ...)
Implementation of CULTURAL TOURISM in the Nation
Gives us idea how we can make the past part of our future